Sunday, February 10, 2008

Out of lurkdom

Being a self confessed fiberaholic and textile addict, it was not much of a stretch for me to buy an Embellisher. In the fall of 2006, I attended a Babylock event in Richmond VA (3 hours from my home in MD) and was the first to make a purchase! I had fun playing with it and made a beautiful jacket from felted wool jersey and yarn, but it fill me up. I stated playing with silk dupioni, but didn’t work hard at the concept. I became aware of Christopher Nejman while perusing a Nancy Notions catalog. I was immediately inspired by his creativity and vision and ordered the book and DVD.

I then spent time on his website and became aware of his Yahoo group, which became a classroom for learning his techinques. I spent my time lurking, but became more excited by what I was witnessing: Christopher’s tireless support and coaching, the growth and excitement by those who had made the commitment to become a Certified Christopher Nejman instructors.
I jumped into the fray a bit late, but I am working madly to catch up and become certified. Little did I realize I would be learning not only Christopher’s techniques, art training, digital photography, blogging and more. I will be posting pictures as I progress.

No comments: